Exel™ Handidet SL
Exel™ Handidet™ SL is a ready-to-use combined detonator and delay unit consisting of an in-hole detonator on one end of a shock tube and a surface connection block with delayed detonator on the other end. It offers a fast and simple alternative to the traditional method of manually combining single in-hole detonators with separate surface connectors for non electric sequential blasting in open pit mines, quarries, pipeline & utility trenching and other construction projects. Exel™ Handidet™ SL assemblies are fast to apply, easy to verify, and provide accurate surface and in-hole timing without forgoing the possibility to give each particular blast hole its individual initiation time.
Exel™ Handidet™ SL units are highly visible non-electric detonator assemblies with rugged, abrasion resistant tubing and colour coded delays, which:
• Eliminate electrical hazards at blast site.
• Eliminate the need for detonating cord trunk lines.
• Reduce risk of cut-off failures caused by ground movement during blasts.
• Reduce the number of components on site, i.e. surface and in-hole delays in one unit.
• Reduce inventory.
• Allow easy pre-blast changes to pattern design.
• Provide easy blast hole sequencing.
• Allow easy hook-up, i.e. increase productivity.
• Facilitate rapid hook-up verification.
• Can be used in all weather conditions.
Open Cut Coal