Stratablast™ is one of the principal "Blast Based Services" offers that has the potential to bring about a revolution in current mining practise in open pit coalmines.
Stratablast™ is a multiple layer blast that is drilled, loaded and fired in a single cycle; combining an overburden throw blast with at least one standup blast, the later usually being in a coal seam. Each layer has a unique blast timing design with interhole and interrow delays specific to each layer.
Orica Mining Services proprietary modelling techniques combined with the application of the i-kon™ electronic blasting system and Orica Mining Services deep hole product supply and delivery technology form essential elements of the Stratablast™ service making the technology offer unique to Orica Mining Services.
For our customers this means the potential for:
- Simpler scheduling and increased operating time
- Reduced coal loss from blasting;
- Greater dragline or truck and shovel fleet productivity;
- an increase cast without coal damage;
- Improved community relations due to reduced blasting frequency and vibration; and
- Improved safety with elimination of drill and blast crews working exposed high walls.
* Patent Pending on Stratablast™ Blasting Technique.
For more information on Stratablast™ click here.
Log on to Inner Circle for more information on Stratablast™ including downloads of product brochures, case studies, etc.
If you don't have Inner Circle access, apply here.